Associate Attorney | Rebecca S. Koch
Santa Barbara Attorney
Ms. Koch is a skilled and compassionate attorney who enjoys helping her clients to achieve their personal and business goals. Her practice focuses primarily on estate planning, probate, trust administration, business and real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Rogers, Sheffield & Campbell in 2017, Ms. Koch spent several years in private practice, predominantly assisting clients with trust and estate matters. She simultaneously served as the Director of Operations for a local skincare company, fortifying her knowledge relating to small business operations and management.
Before opening her practice in 2014, Ms. Koch worked in a variety of sectors, including government and non-profit organizations, business, mental health, and fiduciary services. Ms. Koch’s experience in diverse and challenging professional roles allows her to take a holistic approach to legal representation; always carefully considering how different aspects of a client’s life may impact the type and extent of services required. As a parent of young children, Ms. Koch is particularly passionate about helping young families plan for any contingency, including the death or incapacity of one or both parents.
Ms. Koch is a Santa Barbara native, and returned to the area in 2013, following a decade in the San Francisco Bay Area followed by a short stint in Phoenix, Arizona. Ms. Koch earned her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law and is a member of the State Bar of California and the State Bar of Arizona (inactive). She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Studies from U.C. Santa Cruz.
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- State Bar of California- 2012
- State Bar of Arizona- 2013
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2010
Recipient, Emery Merit Scholarship
Best Oral Advocate, Appellate Advocacy
Beneft Chair, Women & Law
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A. Community Studies, 2004
Honors in the major
Past employment positions:
- Principal, Law Office of Rebecca S. Koch 2014-2017
- Director of Operations, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, ESN Group, Inc. 2015-2017
- Sentencing Specialist, Ventura County Office of the Public Defender 2013-2014
- Investigator, Maricopa County Office of the Legal Defender 2012-2013
Associations and memberships:
- Member, Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Santa Barbara Women Lawyers
- Board Member, UCP WORK, Inc.
- Volunteer, Santa Barbara County Partners in Education
©2020 | Rogers. Sheffield & Campbell, LLP | All rights reserved