Partner | Travis C. Logue
Santa Barbara Attorney
Travis C. Logue is a Partner of Rogers, Sheffield & Campbell, LLP. He leads the Firm’s real estate practice, and represents clients in a broad range of real estate transactions and high-stakes civil litigation matters. He is consistently rated a top attorney in the Santa Barbara community. Mr. Logue was recognized annually by his peers as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star" from 2015-2018, an honor awarded to the top 2.5 percent of lawyers in Southern California under the age of 40. He holds an AVVO perfect “10” rating and was awarded 10 Best Real Estate Attorneys in California for 2018-2019.
Mr. Logue is lead counsel in the seminal case, Kracke v. City of Santa Barbara (2019), which successfully overturned the City’s controversial 2015 ban of short-term vacation rentals in the Coastal Zone. This landmark victory, in the face of a vigorous defense by the City, preserved important individual property rights and revived affordable accommodations. He is also counsel of record in numerous wrongful death, personal injury and property damage cases filed against Southern California Edison and various public entities stemming from the Thomas Fire and Montecito Mudslides. These “mass tort,” complex civil litigation cases are pending in Los Angeles Superior Court as the Southern California Fire Cases (Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding No. 4965).
In addition, Mr. Logue is routinely engaged by ultra-high net worth clients with a variety of real estate holdings, from office buildings and apartments to ranches and luxury estates. Transactional clients appreciate his strong litigation practice and background in dispute resolution, along with his specific experience navigating challenges faced by real estate owners on the Central Coast. He has made numerous appearances in front of public agencies for land use issues and has handled dozens of mediations and arbitrations required under the California Association of Realtors contract. In 2018, he represented a client in the single sale of a large portfolio of properties with a price in the mid-eight figures. During the same year, he represented a different client in the sale of its luxury, beachfront estate in the eight figures, a record for the region. He recently negotiated a long-term commercial lease exceeding 130,000 square feet to a Fortune 500 company. Moreover, in 2018, Mr. Logue represented the owner in the sale of more than ten storage properties in California, Nevada, and Arizona to a major private equity group and various individual buyers - one transaction involved the assumption of an existing commercial mortgage-backed securities loan, while another required navigation of the conduit loan defeasance process.
Furthermore, Mr. Logue is engaged by clients in litigation matters ranging from wrongful death and civil extortion to the California Coastal Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. He commonly handles real estate litigation matters, including disputes over easements, purchase agreements, leases, sellers’ misrepresentations, and quieting title. He has acted as counsel for Sotheby’s International Realty and has successfully represented real estate agents in front of the Santa Barbara Association of Realtors’ ethics committee and fee arbitration panel.
As a member of the Hollister Ranch Owners’ Association for over 20 years and having served on its Board of Directors, Mr. Logue has unique expertise in handling Hollister Ranch real estate and partnership transactions.
He is a fourth-generation Santa Barbara-area local. Before returning to Santa Barbara to establish his practice, Mr. Logue worked in several challenging, dynamic environments, including London, Los Angeles and Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Logue earned his J.D. from the University of Pepperdine School of Law. He is a member of the State Bar of California and the District of Columbia Bar. Mr. Logue graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor’s Degree in Government from Claremont McKenna College. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of Marymount School of Santa Barbara. When not assisting his clients, Mr. Logue enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid surfer and snowboarder.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES BY MR. LOGUE:
- In Commercial Real Estate, Do Letters Of Intent Create Enforceable Contracts?
- What You Need To Know About Easements
- Smart Landlords Use Screening Criteria To Combat Discrimination Lawsuits
- Eviction Notices and 3-Day Notices, and How to Count to 3
- Commercial/Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Civil Litigation
- Easement, Neighbor, View & Boundary Disputes
- Purchase Agreement, Lease & Escrow Disputes
- Negotiation, Due Diligence & Title Issues
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Pre-Litigation Strategy and Negotiation
- Real Estate Development, Entitlements and Land Use
- Hollister Ranch Transactions
- Construction Law
- Real Property Tax Assessment Appeals
- State Bar of California, 2004
- District of Columbia Bar, 2012
- California Real Estate Broker’s License, 2005
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., 2000
Magna Cum Laude, Claremont McKenna Distinguished Scholar (1997 - 2000),
NCAA Intercollegiate Tennis
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015 - 2018)
- AVVO Perfect "10" Rating
- 10 Best Real Estate Attorneys - California (2018 - 2019)
- Speaker, Fundamentals of Landlord - Tenant Law Seminar (2015)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Washington, D.C. Semester Program Award (Margaret Brock Award)
Past Employment Positions:
- Logue Law, Principal Attorney, 2005 - 2013
- Egenolf Associates LLP, Associate Attorney, 2004 - 2005
- Zimmerman & Kahanowitch, Law Clerk, 2003
- Fremantle Media International - Business & Legal Affairs Dept, Legal Intern, 2002
Associations and Memberships:
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association - Board of Directors (2016)
- Real Property Law Section - State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- Marymount of Santa Barbara - Board of Trustees (2017-2019)
- Res Publica Society - Claremont McKenna College
- The Santa Barbara Club - Trustee of the Santa Barbara Club Preservation Foundation (2016)
- Hollister Ranch Owner's Association - Board of Directors (2008)
- La Cumbre Country Club
- Winchester Canyon Gun Club
©2022 | Rogers. Sheffield & Campbell, LLP | All rights reserved