Partner | Stephen W. Erickson
Santa Barbara Attorney
Download Profile as PDF
Mr. Erickson's practice areas include business and commercial contract negotiations and entity formations and transactions, real estate acquisitions, sales, construction, land use planning and development, estate planning, and trust administration. Mr. Erickson serves domestic and international clients with respect to their interests throughout California. He enjoys long lasting relationships with many of his clients.
Mr. Erickson has developed a unique expertise in representing buyers and sellers of large estates, and advising on all aspects of the construction and management of such estates. A career accomplishment was partnering with an insurance underwriter to develop a unique course-of-construction insurance policy for large residential projects that incorporates geologic and hydrologic coverage previously included only in commercial construction policies. Mr. Erickson also has considerable experience and expertise in structuring inbound investments by foreign clients.
Mr. Erickson is a native of Santa Barbara. He received his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco and is a member of the State Bar of California. While at Hastings, Mr. Erickson received the American Jurisprudence Award for Wills and Trusts, and served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Robin L. Riblet, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California.
Mr. Erickson received his undergraduate education from the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) in 1994 and earned Dean's Honors in 1993 and 1994.
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Real Estate
- Land Use Planning and Development
- Business and Commercial Negotiations
- Corporate and Business Law Matters
- State Bar of California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2003
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1998
Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Wills and Trust, 1998.
University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., 1994
- Honors: Dean's Honors in 1993-1994.
Pro Bono & Professional Activities:
- Board Member, Santa Barbara Symphony, 2009-Present
- Associate Director, Santa Barbara Old Spanish Days, 2011-2013
- Chairman, Westside Community Council, Ventura, California, 2004 - 2006
- Member, Inns of Court, Santa Barbara, California, 2004 - 2006
©2023 | Rogers. Sheffield & Campbell, LLP | All rights reserved